Sales professional with product marketing and technology background
Seven years of experience translating technology to quantifiable business and economic value. Sophisticated solution-selling and cross-cultural expertise drives productive customer relationships. Deep technology roots enable broad selling capability. Fluent in English, Italian, French, German.
Goal attainment history
- FY14: 116% on $38MM goal
- FY13: 124% on $34MM goal
- FY12: 110% on $16MM goal
- FY09: 117% on $10MM goal
Datacenter Sales, Enterprise and Midmarket Customers (2012-2015)
- Led a large team of account managers and sales engineers to find and close data center business.
- Large accounts including Visa, Intel, McAfee, Oracle, VMWare, Safeway, Sutter.
- Mid-market startup customers including Uber, Pure Storage, Sauce Labs.
- Presented Cisco’s datacenter vision to executive–level buyers.
- Build business cases around cloud, SaaS, IaaS, XaaS, automation software and servers.
Product Marketing Manager (2011)
- Directed engineering efforts to accelerate customer adoption of Nicira NVP.
- Uncovered barriers to adoption and assessed competing technologies to develop sales collateral.
Datacenter Sales, Enterprise Customers (2007 – 2009)
- 26 key accounts including Honeywell, VMware, Safeway, McKesson, Agilent.
- Sold Unified Computing to early adopters and CxO-level business audiences.
Sales Training Program (2006)
- Accepted into highly selective CSAP training program based on interviews, test results and professional background.
- Earned the industry’s highest certification for Internet routing to develop technical mastery of network architectures.
Project Manager and Application Developer (2004 – 2006)
- Managed project to deliver global tracking of personnel in high-risk locations.
- Developed web applications to support Cisco tactical operations in combat zones using neural network machine learning technology
Roman Consulting: Business process and IT consulting
Sales and operations. (1997 – 2004)
- Developed custom web-based information management system for niche markets.
- Grew client base to six schools and a medical practice.
MBA, Global Marketing, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona, 2010
BA, Cognitive Science, focus: computational modeling, University of California at Berkeley, 2003
Languages: English, French, Italian, German.
Activities: Private pilot, instrument and glider-rated. Passionate photographer, skier and mountaineer.
Professional Development: Cisco Sales Masters, World Class Selling, Challenger Sale, People Buy You, Warren Greshes, Jeff Gitomer, Communicating with Confidence, Executive Relevance Selling, Emotional Intelligence.
Technical: Cisco CCIE IP Routing & Switching, CCIE Storage Area Networking, SNIA Expert, AJAX, HTML/CSS, Java, PHP, SQL, Oracle, Linux, iPhone/iOS.
Networking: Fiber Channel over Ethernet and WAN acceleration protocols, Storage Area Networking.